My hobby is editing and contributing to the Dexter Wiki.
- Dexter Morgan: "I'm a survivor." ("A Beautiful Day")
- Jeff Lindsay: "It's a mistake to think that Dexter is nice." (2011, The Telegraph)
- Jeff Lindsay: "Some believe that Dexter cares about justice. Dexter doesn't care about justice, he cares about killing." (2011, The Telegraph)
- Melissa Rosenberg: "Dexter was trained to maintain control over the darkness inside him. A taste of spontaneity can be dangerous for those around him and ultimately dangerous to his freedom." (2008, E News!)
- Sara Colleton: "Dexter will always have a dark passenger. That's never going to go away." (2008, Vanity Fair)
- Scott Buck: "Dexter is who he is. I don't know that Dexter is capable of change. We've actually seen him slowly evolve throughout the series, but to suddenly stop becoming a serial killer, it just doesn't seem to be something he is capable of." (2012, TV Guide)
- Michael C. Hall: "As far as [Dexter] taking on these relationships, it seems like he's always been in service, ultimately, to his need to kill. And even the, seemingly, most rich human interactions he has, somehow in his mind, get turned into tools that make him an even more potent killer..." (2013, KPCS)
- Michael C. Hall: "Even though Dexter has become more and more human and has more nuanced relationships and feelings, I always thought it was interesting to argue, at least, that's he's just playing at it...still. That it's just this really sick indulgence." (2013, KPCS)
- Michael C. Hall: "In 25 years there's going to be a new series called Harrison, and Dexter will have died and I'm going to be his dead, internalized father. " (2013, Comic-CON)
- Michael C. Hall: "I think Dexter came to believe that... anything he touched would eventually be destroyed and so he felt he needed to let it all go. Of course, Dexter is also a pragmatist and a self-preservationalist so he didn't do himself in. But rather put himself on hold." (2015, reddit AMA)
- Michael C. Hall: "I think Dexter’s dark passenger is still with him.” (2016, Ten-Year Anniversary Trailer)
- Michael C. Hall: “For him to simulate his own death and extricate himself from the context of his life made sense to me.” (2018, Decider)
- "Dark Passenger" is Dexter's name for his need to kill.
- Biscayne Bay is a lagoon off the coast of Miami. The Gulf Stream is an Atlantic Ocean current.
- The term "lumberjack" usually refers to a bygone era (before 1945) when hand tools (instead of modern logging equipment) were used in harvesting trees principally from virgin forest. The term lumberjack is somewhat archaic, having been replaced by "logger." 
- Arteries are under high pressure, so the blood gushes out rhythmically with the heart beat, making the bleeding very dangerous and hard to control. Veins are under low pressure, causing a slow and steady bleeding. (Stony Brook University, NYS)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.