It concerns the murders of a coke dealer and a woman at an unnamed hotel.
- Rival Dealer - Suspected of committing the crime based on the fact that one of the victims was a drug dealer specializing in coke and that when police arrived at the scene all of the victims drugs were gone.
- Ex-Boyfriend - Suspected of committing the murders based on Dexter Morgan's observations of how the blood tells the story. He proceeds to say that the dealer was taken out instantly and that the girl was the focus of the killer's wrath. Later confirmed when they found the ex-boyfriend and he confessed.
History of Killer
At an unknown point, the girl and the perpetrator were a couple until the girl broke up with him. This sent the ex-boyfriend into a rage and he took his revenge on the girl.
Detectives on Case
- Sergeant-Detective James Doakes - Ran point on the investigation on who committed the murders and initially suspected that it was a rival dealer.
- Lieutenant Maria LaGuerta - Runs the personnel on the case and plays the part of peacemaker for James and Dexter when they have conflicting theories.
Other Operatives Involved in the Case
- Forensics Blood Spatter Analyst Dexter Morgan - Worked on the crime scene since there was a lot of blood at the scene. Eventually determines from the blood patterns that it was most likely an ex-boyfriend of the girl's and that she was the real target.
- Unnamed drug dealer - He specialized in dealing coke, and the first one of the victims to be killed. He was killed instantly with a stab to the throat.
- Unnamed female - She was present at the crime scene and originally thought to be collateral damage to get the dealer's drugs. Later examination proves that she was the real target of the killer based on the way the killer took his time with her.
Closure of Case
The case has been officially closed because the killer was caught and arrested after it was discovered that he killed them.
Fate of Killer
The ex-boyfriend was arrested and presumably sent to prison for the murders.
The Coke Head Murders Case was closely adapted from the series as one of the missions in Dexter: The Game. (Other adaptations include Dexter's own escapades with Mike Donovan and Jamie Jaworski, as well as the Ice Truck Killer Case).